Packing glassware for moving can be a little tricky task and keeping it intact along with the rest of your cherished possessions demands some sort of attention and care. Definitely, it’s not easy considering glasses are extremely delicate and prone to damage, especially during the transit.
As usual, proper packing is your most important defense here. When you know exactly what to do and how to do the right way, you will face no difficulty keeping the glassware safe during the move.
How To Pack Glasses?
Wrap each and every glass piece separately and place it in a different cell in the dish pack.
How to Wrap Glasses For A Move?
● Put a blanket or towel on a stable surface. Place sheets of packing paper on the cushioned surface.
● Put a glass beside the corner of the paper stack
● Roll the glass with a paper, tuck its ends into the opening of the glass
● Until you reach the end of the paper sheet, let it roll. Your glass will be neatly wrapped in paper layers
● At the bottom of the glass, fold over the ends and keep the bundle intact with a tape
How To Pack Glassware In A Box?
● Put wrapped glasses in the moving box, with its openings seeing downwards. If you are using a dish pack with dividers, make sure to keep every glass in an individual cell.
● Upon arranging the glass layer in the box, put some cushioning inside the containers to ensure they are insulated from one another.
● Add an additional layer of glasses on top of the first one if there is ample space in the box. Be sure to place tumblers at the bottom and cover them with a layer of bubble wrap.
● Fill the empty space in the box with paper or any other stuff to prevent the glasses from hitting into each other during the transit.
● On top of glasses, add a bubble wrap and close the box.
● Shake the container softly to check for any activity inside the box. And, if you see any bumping, open the box, add more cushions and repeat the test.
● When you are fully sure nothing is happening, seal the tumbler tight and secure it with a quality tape.
● Label the box with a permanent marker, write ‘Fragile’ or ‘Handle with care’ and any other instructions so the moving experts know that they have to be careful while carrying the box.
By following these tips, your glassware will be nicely packed and arrive in your new home fully intact and unbreakable. Keep in mind though that packing delicate glassware is quite a risky affair, so it is better left in the hands of experienced, local movers in Miami.
Get ready to raise a glass of champagne to your new relocation and bright future ahead
8316 NW 68 ST, Miami, FL 33166
2014 MOVING AROUND THE CLOCK | All Rights Reserved | US DOT 2441690 | IM 2271 |
MONDAY 8am - 7pm
TUESDAY 8am - 7pm
WEDNESDAY 8am - 7pm
THURSDAY 8am - 7pm
FRIDAY 8am - 7pm
SATURDAY 8am - 7pm